I am new at this and I don't know what number I am on, for posting this. I will try to add pictures, but that may come later.
Ric and I are in Surprise, AZ. and have been here almost a week. We have a great little house with a pool and a bar and TV outside. It has come in handy with the basketball games on.
We have spent time with Robin and John and have done several hikes with them. It just feels great to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. Every day has been in the high 80's, no complaints here.
Several evenings we got together with Ric's buddies from Renton High school. That was a lot of fun listening to them reminisce.
We have played golf several times. Today I beat Ric on the back nine with a 42. The greens are really fast around here.
We have been to a Mariner game. Yesterday I dropped Ric off to see the Oakland game and I met Robin for the day. We went to Taliesin West, the school founded by Frank Lloyd Wright. It was fascinating. He was a brillian man. Then we headed for the Desert Botanical garden to see a Dale Chihuly display in the cactus gardens. It was spectacular in the afternoon and then we stayed to see it all lit up at night. What a fun day.
We have many more plans coming up, I think every day.
I will try to keep a few things posted here, I'm not sure about pictures.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having my first cup of coffee in Paradise, sun is shining with a nip in the air.
ReplyDeleteSat., we went to the Festival of the West for the cowboy in the family. They had a chuckwagon cookout, leather chaps, vests, jewelry, furniture, anything to do with the Real West. Ric got a book of a critique of Western movies of the last 100 years. I think it was Ric's twin that wrote this book. They talked for quite a while. Sunday I went to see my cousin, Marci, then came back and we played golf at our community. It was pretty windy, but still fun. Yesterday we played golf with Joe, one of Ric's poker buddies. Today, Steve and Willie from Seattle are flying in for 5 days, all golf of course. I get 2 of those days free and may visit some girls I know here or go to the LPGA Women's tournament going on and see my idol, Paula Creamer.